Chủ Nhật, 10 tháng 7, 2011

Top News from GamesCom

Another GamesCom event has come and gone.  There were several big announcements in the news this week with some being very surprising for some gamers.  If you have missed out on the last week of announcements, I’ve have gathered some of the most important and biggest news from the week and provided it in a convenient package.

Mass Effect 2 Announced for the PS3

With the release date set in January of 2011, Mass Effect 2, a former exclusive to the Xbox 360 console, was announced to be released on the PS3.  The game continues the story of Commander Shepard, the hero from the first Mass Effect, in his or her efforts to save the galaxy from the threat of the Reapers.
Mass Effect 2: Mass Effect 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
Having being the sequel to the first Mass Effect, which is still an exclusive to the Xbox 360 and will not be released on the PS3, players who are looking to have the chance to play out the entire Mass Effect story line on the PS3 are getting the short end of the stick.  On the Xbox 360, players who completed the original Mass Effect had the ability to transfer their Commander Shepard with the subsequent decisions and ending to Mass Effect 2, which in turn will effect the story and characters throughout the game.
I would argue that this was one of the best parts of playing Mass Effect 2.  Nothing immerses you more as a player than seeing how your decisions effect the story, characters, world of the Mass Effect universe, and it is unfortunate that PS3 players will not be able to get the full experience.  However, Mass Effect 2 is an awesome game that I think everyone should take the time to play, and hopefully, the developer will implement some way of recapping the events of the original game and possibly giving them some decision power as to how that game ended.

Resistance 3 Announced

Sony released this live action trailer for the new Resistance 3. From the trailer, there is no way to tell what new features might be included in the sequel. It is pretty neat though. No other details have been released.

PS3 Getting a Bigger Hard Drive and Move Bundle

PS3 Bundle: Mass Effect 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
The current PlayStation 3 Slim is getting a 40 gig upgrade and remaining at its’ $299 price point.  A 320 gig bundle including a Move controller, camera, and the Move game Sports Champions is also going to be released alongside the 160 gig PS3 slim this fall.
This announcement has pushed back my purchase of a PS3.  Right when I think that the PS3 is a good deal I hear news that an even bigger deal is headed my way.  One day I am going to have to bite the bullet and make the purchase.

Infamous 2 Hero No Longer Looks Like a Douche

Infamous 2
After the reveal of the new look of the hero Cole, in Infamous 2 on the cover of Game Informer, the community let out a disapproving groan.  The developers heard players’ cry for change and gave Cole a haircut and a few other tweaks, to make him more familiar.  Personally, I welcome the change.  Cole went from being a bald badass, to a surfer dude or something, and I think he looks a lot better with the buzz.
That is pretty much all the news that I cared about from GamesCom.  There were a bunch of demos that I was not able to see (since I wasn’t there) but if I am lucky I will get a chance to see PAX next month in Seattle and get some real hands on time. If there is any other news you guys think I missed or would like me to talk about, let me know in the comments.

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

well come to my blogger, all your comment are very fun
All comment will approve.
:D ! Good happy

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More